Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Unfinished Business





I was so smug in thinking I had plenty of time and a machine was on it’s way.  Well it arrived a day late. I thawed it out-it had frost on it which I am sure was not good for it.  I waited patiently for it to dry out. I sat down and realized I didn’t send along the right walking foot for the machine . I couldn’t quilt without the right foot for the machine. Kind of like forgetting the paintbrush but remembering the paint. . It wasn’t going to happen.  Unfinished quilts will remain unfinished for 2010. I fussed for a bit. Ok fussed for a few hours and into the next morning.



And then I looked outside.



Beautiful sunshine. We rarely see the sun in Michigan in the winter. I strapped on my snowshoes and just walked. Breathing in the cold air and feeling the sun on my face.

And realized fussing is really rather foolish.  Maybe I  needed a break from this obsessional sewing. 



I am sure I will sew yet this week. But right now I am going to enjoy my vacation and the mountains.

Be creative-or maybe just enjoy the time between the holidays to see where you have been and where you want to go. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great place to be. Relax so you may quilt another day.

    ReplyDelete