Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Very Late Thank You

     Oh my. I absolutely forgot to show you a precious gift I recieved this fall.  Every time I look at it, it makes me smile. And makes me feel very calm. And reminds me of what a wonderful time I had at Artprize with her.


                                                  A Piece of "The Lake" by Nellie Durand, 2010
                                                             8x8

Nellie brought this to me when she came to visit. It was enough of a treat just to spend some time with her-but when she gave this to me, I was just about speechless!

The colors are just beautiful and look at the details of the beach grass captured so well. I was able to watch her work earlier when she had an opening at Good Goods in Saugatuck, MI and loved watching her put these together . The color choice and change in value at just the right time captures the essence of the water and waves.



Everything about it-and her-just very special.

Thank you again Nellie for the great time and treasured gift!

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome, Colleen. I'm glad you're enjoying your "Little Piece of The Lake" that was created by strip piecing the cut-offs from my ArtPrize entry, "The Lake". Those formed a foundation for collaging this scene with more scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I knew you would be able to describe it so much better! i hope you are enjoying your time and have relaxed a bit.

    ReplyDelete