Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Project Joy #9-FINISHED!

   Well, it wasn't without a bit of a struggle last night. I put the flat binding on and it wouldn't roll over without bunching up. Too much stitching and beading.  So at 9:30 pm the binding came off and I finished it with just an envelope finish which then needed more quilting :). But I completed Project Joy with the UFOs I originally signed up for -9. And my work basket is basically empty. Just works in process now. Feels really good to start the new year this way. And then, I  went back and looked at what else I did- 2 scarves and three charity quilts. Not bad...

                                
                                                  Connections # 11- Fire
                                                     9x11

    So, what did I learn from this whole crazy thing during the holidays? I can be productive and enjoy creating art even though things are busy with my family. Let me say it in another way. I have a passion for making quilts-being an artist- creating with my hands  and there was time for me- and my family. A few yucky dinners every once in awhile but no one was really inconvenienced by me doing something that I really enjoy. And as a mom, I even did a better job of delegating. I had plenty of time to do everything they were involved with and enjoy it, too. And that's a nice place to be at , at the end of the year.

     One of my goals for 2009 was to start a blog and begin journaling this art quilt adventure. I am enjoying it and thank you for visiting me. I appreciate your comments from near and far. I am enjoying your works as well. Thank you for stopping by!

     I won't have access to the internet tomorrow-just my I-phone which I can't figure how to blog on. So Happy New Year. I have lots of fun things planned for January: jeans quilt, snow dyeing...I am never bored .

Happy Sewing my friends!

(No I didn't cave in to the puppy desire....) Having fun playing with them though!

1 comment:

  1. your piece is really wonderful colleen! congrats on being wonder woman :) you did it!
    i'm not sure i couldnt handle a family and all that stuff AND make art. so i applaud that you make this all somehow happen.

    ReplyDelete