I have all these grandiose plans to write a separate blog post for all the fun things I have been doing. But it just seems like old news. So I will give you the abbreviated whirlwind catch up:
1. Attended a day long workshop by Susan Brubaker Knapp at the WMQG on Thread Sketching. I didn't take the class but was just a classroom volunteer. She is a very good teacher and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her for a workshop.
2.After two weeks of Artprize, I loaded up the car and went to the Barn for Sets and Variables #3. Really intense assignments given by Nancy but I loved it. I , of course, came home with lots of pieces and parts not sewn together but I understood the concepts and am loving fine lines. Lots of ideas swirling around in my head from this class. I need no reminder to know what a privilege it is to study with Nancy Crow each and every time I take another workshop from her.
3. More press: Jennifer's nice article about me
4. The Saturday I drove home from the Barn I squeezed in a quick 90 minute trip to our West Michigan Quilt Guild which was held at the Deltaplex Oct 3-5th. I was surprised to have won three ribbons for some of my work.
I was proud of our guild and the quality of the work shown.
4. I over-dyed about 40 yards of medium valued fabrics as I used up lots of my darks at the Barn. I used an electric blanket under my plastic containers to maintain some warmth overnight. More blotchy than usual but not bad! The dye studio has been packed up and placed down the basement ready for next summer.
5. Yardwork, housework, more yardwork and more housework in a major catchup mode. ( I did very little around here in the month of September).
6. A week of jury duty where they chose me to sit on the jury. At least it was an interesting case=bad boys in big bad trucks being very bad. A business case.
7. And Lucy , my Bernese Mountain Dog, who had an anterior cruciate ligament repair at MSU vet school. Looks like a 3 month rehab process.
Oh geez....life just goes round and round, doesn't it? I always have hopes of life slowing down but that is not the case. I am just going to embrace it.
I hope to regain a studio schedule on Monday and am looking forward to it.