Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Settling In

     Just arrived in Vermont on Sunday for the week. I kept working on my Artprize piece the past few weeks and have driven my family mad with it.  I think I am now on version #2578 of the same piece and left it half assembled on my design wall. I promised them that I wouldn't talk about it all week long. :)

Rooflines # 6 in process , 2012  Colleen Kole

 Nope not it.
Rooflines #6 in process, 2012 Colleen Kole


Nope, not done yet...


So where have I been?

1. I finished some over dyeing of last week's fabrics before I left.

 2. Attended a wedding of my daughter's best friend. My daughter was a bridesmaid and it really shocked me that I have a daughter with a married friend.  They just seem  so young.



my pretty girl 
3. Went to two SAQA exhibits at the Gerald Ford Museum.

4. I was interviewed by the Grand Rapids Magazine in regards to an article they are doing titled (?)The Quilt as Art. A photographer was sent to my studio to take pictures of me working. ( I really cleaned it up before they came and that took a few days! ) They are doing the article in preparation of the AQS show which will be in Grand Rapids August 22-25th.

I really don't like have my picture taken-ok I hate it... but I hope I am not too much of a dweeb in this article. More importantly, I hope I have spoken somewhat intelligently.  It should come out at the end of July. At which point I could snatch all available copies off all shelves in all stores if it is horrid.

5. I was also interviewed by the experiencegr blog for the same reason. I was more relaxed and had an easier time answering questions for that interview.

6. Packed and rode 14 hours here.

Settling in to summer between Vermont and Grand Rapids. I hate lists in the summer. But I think I might need one this summer in order to get done what I need to do for the fall.

Anything fun planned for the 4th?

5 comments:

  1. First - Roof Lines looks terrific!

    Second - I don't know how you do all that traveling and keep up with your quilting! Wow.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you look like you've taken a quantum leap with your work. good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you're doing with Rooflines! It looks fantastic already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends- having fun.

    Terri- It is a bit crazy but fun!

    Paula-:) working hard to move forward.

    Ellen-It is much different working larger but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can hardly wait to see this hanging at ArtPrize! It's on its way to being fabulous!

    ReplyDelete