Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Jumping All the Way In

      I can't believe I haven't posted in such a long time. A nasty cold which turned into a sinus infection wiped me out.  And  a reaction to an antibiotic.  And the rest of the time , I have disappeared into my studio.  In my studio, hours fly by and I look up and can't believe it's time to go pick up the kids at 3. I am working very hard and really feel driven to get everything I can from my workshop.  My days have flown by and I truly have jumped all the way into this online workshop given by Lisa Call.

     Reading, journaling, thinking again before I touch the fabric. Learning how to give myself parameters for a piece and then critique it so the next one can be different and improved. And figuring out how I work and where I waste time and procrastinate. I am almost done with the Space and Repetition assignment due February 5th and I want to re-work the one ( Color and Value) from last week.

     I just selfishly want to keep them to myself for now.  I feel self-conscious showing them to you. I haven't figured out why yet. I guess when I am ready you will see them. Right now, I feel as if I am working very hard and have yet to be overly impressed with my outcome.   Don't get me wrong- I am very,very excited about this whole class process and what I am learning. There is always so much to learn. But this is truly a great experience and I  have jumped all the way in.

   

5 comments:

  1. Every time you post about Lisa's class makes me want to take it too! I'm not ready yet though - maybe in a couple of years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to be so absorbed in your art practice? Its truly a blessing to be an artist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific when the workshop is so engrossing and you are so immersed in what you're doing. Savor your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so enjoying your enthusiasm and look forward to seeing the results of your introspection and labor.

    Glad you're feeling well again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your feeling better! Looking forward to seeing your results and where you take your work after Lisa's class!

    ReplyDelete