Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thread Storage


     Every time I start looking for a specific spool of thread, I am reminded of how out of control my thread management system is



     Some is stored neatly on this little bobbin rack and in the old antique thread drawer.


I arranged the bobbin thread for you otherwise it was a jumbled mess in this plastic bin.



Most of the time it just kind of waits on my sewing machine table waiting patiently to be put away or get tangled up into the next project.


More finds from another drawer.


And then the disappearance into the bottom drawer.  I really would like to be more organized with all this thread. It feels like a hot commodity with the price of it lately and I feel like it should give it more respect. So how do you store all your thread? How should you store it?

2 comments:

  1. What about getting more of those spool holders like pictured in the first photo, and hang them on the wall. Seems to me that all those beautiful bits of color would be rather art-inspiring to glance up at. And, since you have such a vast variety of colors, you could arrange & re-arrange them sort of like a design wall as you contemplate color combinations for a WIP.

    ReplyDelete