Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Meadows

     I spent an inordinate amount of time waiting for things here in Vermont this past week. As my daughter reminded me-we are on "Vermont time" not real time. Which means when you are waiting on a repair person who is coming in the morning, 7pm at night is just on time. He made it the day he said he would.

    So I waited for people and waited even longer for fabric that was due last week. I only needed to dye two yards of navy blue to finish a piece I am working on now. Not done yet. So, I did some therapy strips and just chilled.

Summer Meadows, 9x12




 I love the colors of the meadows and wildflowers here. Along with the sunshine. No different than the flowers in Michigan, but I think I just am able to take time and enjoy them. This piece should have been much larger but I made just a few too many cuts....so tiny it is.




    Found a few more stray pieces to dye  some gentle colors.


Tried to overdye some browns and blacks but still couldn't get deep dark brown or black. I am not sure what went wrong here. Also. played with some thermofax screens and one silkscreen.



And for one or two of you missing mountains, a hazy mountain shot on a ninety degree day earlier this week. Yes, I am high up in the mountains.

Enjoy your summer and be creative, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your slow days in the clear beautiful mountains! I'm drooling over that big yellow surface designed piece on the line.

    ReplyDelete