What an awful picture. I had to send my basic lens for the SLR away for repair. Boo hoo- it would have been a great close up.
Well I do kind of feel like him-clinging and maybe not headed in the right direction this week. I was being kind of hard on myself and kept thinking I didn't really do enough art wise this week. So I sat and made a list.
What did I do art related this week?
1. 90 percent done on memory quilt. Just need to wrap up the binding.
2. Went to Nellie's reception. Began my own crinkle quilt which isn't quite dry yet with all the humidity we have had.
3. Ironed all my surface design work from summer and found a home for it. Figured out I need deep navy, gold and deep purple fabric dyed yet this warm weather season.
4. Went our West Michigan Fiber Arts meeting and saw a great demonstration by our own Linda Walburn on deconstructed screen printing. I loved this.
5. Pieced 75 percent of my first top for my series.(Need a name) Ended up moving it around and liking it better.Too many ideas for the second one! Super excited.
6. Waiting for my 8x10 work of the week #2 to be dry so I can do some hand stitching and finish the edge.
And then if I add in the last minute back to school stuff and kids home yet, maybe it was a productive week after all! School starts Tuesday and as much as I have had a great summer with each of them I am ready for a schedule.
So if you feel you haven't been as productive as you "should " be, maybe make a list. Some of this is just "studying" for the end result of finding my way. Make a list and look back on what you DID do.
Happy summer and sewing, my friends!