Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Spring in My Step

     I can't believe how much better my foot feels without the big boot on it. Activity as tolerated was the word of the day yesterday and it definitely was a neuroma. So, it's gone and I am taking things slowly but with a smile on my face. I didn't realize how much it hurt before surgery-all gone now!

     So what have I been doing the past week. I read three books. I couldn't put down Jodi Piccoult's new book and read it in 48 hours. I knit-a bit rusty I was-but finished a hat and am working on the mittens. I also am stitching on my new jeans piece. Again, slow but steady.  Binding this piece in the background tonight. It is partially pieced and partially fused. A nice size for one of my walls and will be hung tonight. I watched these  DVDs and picked up a few tips.



    Today, I have a confession. I have been sewing for a long time. I never had entered or attempted to enter a show. And this spring, I got up enough courage to do it. One of my pieces was accepted to a small show-80 pieces- in May-a quilt show. I was surprised because it isn't like anything I have seen in the show before. But, I was happy!
  
     Also, I  have a commission. Might be a challenge-working with colors I wouldn't have chosen-but that is what I am finding to be a commission. Two good things in one week. You can't beat that.

    And now, I must go and work on these motifs for my class at the Barn in May.


 When I couldn't sew, I made little paper mock ups. Now to translate them into fabric and sew them together. Two more motifs and then I will be done with the homework for that class. And then , the work will really begin...I can't wait to go back and now two gals from Grand Rapids might go too.

Happy sewing, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing well! Congrats on the show-what is it? It is nice to hear such good news now that you are able to get back to your studio.

    ReplyDelete