Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

So it Begins

    Lest you think I have not been working very hard... I do have more than a few works in progress. Just not ready to show you some of them-need to think about them. I did make some progress yesterday piecing the background of my recycled jeans quilt. The background is about 5 x 6 and has gone easily.

 I did cut out two feet  to see what it will look like-they will be blanket-stitched on. The sewing on of the feet will be tedious and kind of boring for you. More boring for me...Even thought the auction isn't until March, I feel like this is hanging over my head. I'll update you on this as I make some progress.



   Project JOY: I was a drawing winner of some fat quarters and a tin. Fun.

     New books: I treated myself with some new books with my gift card. I love them all.



     Melanie Testa's book has some great exercises to work through. The newer magazine Art Studio- I have looked at it several times already. Great challenges in it. I have been reading Jude hill's blog spiritcloth and love the quiet intentional handwork. Check it out . The heart piece featured in the magazine is dwelling in the back of my mind. I want to being doing that instead of feet!

  Snow dyeing tomorrow if we get the snow that's predicted. Happy sewing, my friends.

3 comments:

  1. that first photo of the jean quilt...looks perfect just like that. its an art installation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- I do like it and it is giving me great ideas...for the next one. This will end up being cute -but cool, I hope-for a school auction.

    ReplyDelete