Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Dyeing

 
     I tried snow dyeing for the first time yesterday. It was a great day for it with lots of new snow. I don't really have a great set up for it in the winter as there is no utility sink in the basement. I am not too keen on dragging all the dyeing stuff into my 2nd floor laundry. But I tried it anyway.
     I started in the garage with the mixing. Went to the basement for the actual dyeing -including dragging the snow there- back to the garage to rinse and then upstairs to wash. That was absolute insanity. I knew my results would not be solid but wanted to see what happened.



  Yes that is snow in the bucket.




I chose yellow and red



The yellow is the best but just don't care for the others. I did mix the yellow and red together on the middle piece. I probably need to do some more reading, try it one more time and then make a judgement as to whether or not this is something I would use. I think not...I love being outdoors with the sun cooking it and me while I work.

Happy Sewing, my friends.


1 comment:

  1. well i've never heard of this one!
    i like the look, its a bit tie dye like yes? now all you need are blueberries and herbs for dye :)
    enjoy your snow days!

    ReplyDelete