Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Making Lemonade

   I had a day of lemons yesterday -but the bright spot of my day was seeing a quilt my friend made. I was amazed at where she has come in the past few years and I am so happy for her. Take a look at her most recent work at gjbquilts.blogspot.com.  Gail sat next to me at a workshop a few years ago. I have enjoyed her friendship.

   I had my week all planned out. But yesterday was a day to do what I always tell the kids: when life gives you lemons, you have to make lemonade. The desktop computer needed help and had to be taken to the computer store. My camera was giving me fits-it's the user, yes, I know, not the camera. Everything was way too dark despite my adjusting all controls on the camera. I had forgotten to wash the backing of my next project up for the day. No problem , move on to the next.

     So, I moved on to the next project and my machine started to throw up thread on the back of  my quilt. Yes, truly the user again. I adjusted tensions, tried a different machine,went out and  bought Bottom Line thread. I was trying to do wonky circles. Definitely the uptight user. So, after four hours, I took a break. Took a walk.






     Read the camera manual and book I purchased. My model camera has an inherent metering issue-need to wrap my head around that but it's not me. Kept adjusting and enjoyed the walk.






     Ater dinner, I picked out threads. I put the quilt aside until someone braver than me can help me with my skills and I basted another. But I was brave enough to try a picture in a dark room, and all is well. Now to learn how to crop.



Sometimes when life gives you lemons, you have to make lemonade. On to the next quilt. Happy Sewing, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment