Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Art Delivered

        It has been a summer of travels. We returned last week from Vermont.

       Within 12 hours of being home, I jumped right into the AQS show which was being held in Grand Rapids. I took two classes there and then volunteered with the takedown process which really was eyeopening. The volunteers put the quilts in their shipping boxes. It was very evident that long cardboard boxes get squished in the mailing process. The tubes remained intact and ready to ship the quilts back to their owners.

      Lesson learned: If you aren't able to use a square box, use a heavy duty mailing tube. Do not take multiple boxes taped together to make a long tube.

      Yesterday, I delivered my Rooflines #10 for Artprize 2013. I purchased a large tube from U-Line. It didn't quite fit in my car until I put the top down. I pushed it in between the seats and delivered it without a problem to my venue, Artprize Cathedral Square. Artprize begins on Wednesday September 18th this year.  Exciting times ahead.






This weekend we travel to Iowa to drop my daughter off for college. I am trying not think of how much I will miss her! 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got your piece delivered! Can't wait to see it hanging!! Safe travels. See you next week. :-)

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could see it hanging! It's a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete