Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Shout Out and a Catch Up

      Just wanted to shout out about the wonderful Elizabeth Brandt who had a piece at .Fiber Art International 2013.  Congrats Elizabeth for making it in to this prestigious event.  I can't wait to hear about the opening.

     This will also be a catch up post as I keep meaning to tell you about these things:

1. I am about 75 percent done on my large piece that I am free motion quilting. It is getting easier     although I still bribe myself to work on it. I guess that's why they call it work.

2. I took an online class at the beginning of the year called "Setting Goals" given by Lisa Call. It was a great class and I haven't taken the time to blog about it. One of my goals was to blog more consistently and I am finding , that if I don't meet the mark on a goal , I just feel more and more guilty so I do nothing about it. Oops-time to correct that. Upcoming post on that class this week.

3. Because of that class, I have had my head down working on a piece for the upcoming Artprize exhibition in September. It is where it needs to be to apply , but not yet quilted. Again, I'll share once I get my artist profile up.

4. The house in Vermont has not sold so at this point, we will go there this summer with the kids. I will wait and do the majority of the fabric dyeing there.

5. Historic flooding here in Grand Rapids. I am going to try to take pictures tomorrow when it peaks.

6.  3 kids graduating in May: 8th grade, high school and college.

I hate the phrase "I am so busy".  Everybody is busy. So, I am saying instead that I am using my time wisely and keeping my head down.. :)




1 comment:

  1. I am interested in your evaluation of Lisa's "Setting Goals" class. I am thinking of signing up for her next one.

    Congratulations on all of the graduations!

    ReplyDelete