Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Winter Fabric Dyeing Fix

     I needed an excuse to sink my hands into the dyes.  I really missed it.  With all the heavy, wet snow, I thought about snow dyeing. But I resisted.  It took so much willpower to not get distracted by unnecessary fabric dyeing. And then, a friend twisted my arm to take a class with her.

      Nope. That is absolutely not the truth. A friend reminded me about a class at our local sewing store given by the wonderful Betsy. So, I jumped right in.




We dyed fat eighths of fabric and I used fuchsia, deep navy and golden yellow from ProChem.



What a beautiful summertime rainbow. I didn't spend any time smooshing and just went with the mottled look.




And this is the lovely Elizabeth Brandt who distracted me.





I came home relaxed and refreshed from my fabric dyeing fix. And then there is leftover dye to play with.




No comments:

Post a Comment