Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wrapping Things Up

     I finished machine quilting my Artprize piece last weekend and wanted to sink in to a really long nap. I procrastinated on the last twenty inches of the machine quilting and it just made it more painful. I will leave tomorrow for Michigan and can't wait to see it all spread out. I don't have anywhere here to hang it or block it in the way I like to. It is back in it's ziplock bag for a 15 hour ride home and I feel at this point it could write it's own little book about it's journey this summer. :)

     As my reward, I got out the dyes and, as a friend said, dyed a little more rainbow in my backyard here in VT. And even got them ironed and ready to use this fall.





     I tried flat dyeing again as I wanted some really deep colors and wondered if I could get it by flat dyeing rather than over dyeing. It was really messy to clean up but I think it might have worked.

   


     And a few strands of floss for winter stitching.


     Even though dyeing is labor intensive, I always feel as if all this color is a reward to me.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Can't wait to see the flat piece. Purples and greens are my colors too. Sad to leave VT but always good to get home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I am eager to see your Artprize quilt. I'm planning on making Labor Day weekend of fabric dyeing. Need to think about some colors..... Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to see you flat dyeing too. I need to get out and do one last batch but I have one more deadline to make first.

    Your colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete