Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hodge Podge

     Just a sampling of what I did before the trip here last Thursday.



Tried to finish up some fabric dyeing of deep browns, blues and a funny mustard color.




I hand basted my Artprize piece-twice. The first time I didn't follow the You Tube directions correctly using Sharon Schambers method. I really resisted hand basting but was going to hand carry this throughout the airport. The idea of hundreds of safety pins going off through security convinced me to do it.  A few wobbly lines which I am calling organic have been sewn in. Yes, I am doing this one from top to bottom with the walking foot.

And I squeezed in a little ice dyeing. I had a few pieces of fabric left and it was so hot I thought it a great time to try it.

A little ice on top of soda soaked fabric.



A little dye sprinkled on top of the ice and then a few more layers of fabric.



Twenty four hours later, I rinsed as usual and washed and I have some interesting pieces.







Nice markings on the fabrics and it was super easy.

I was stuck in the airport for about 36 hours and my husband came to get me in a CT airport.  I retrieved my lost luggage on Sunday which had the thread it in it for machine quilting. It was really an adventure from the netherlands which I have no idea why it always happens to me.  But this time it exhausted me .

In Vermont now for a few weeks and I hope I catch my breath enough to get the stitching down on Miss Artprize.

No comments:

Post a Comment