Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And So It Goes

I have to laugh-really laugh. My family is great although just doesn't know what to do with me at times.

I asked them what they thought of my latest handmade gift.

Child #1: Yes, I think that anyone would be glad to get something handmade. Good job, Mom.

Child #2: What is it?  (This is the same child if I ask about how my outfit looks she will respond-it depends -are you staying home or going out? Brutal honesty...from this child.)

Husband (wise and previously been through the" make a Christmas gift season") : Who is this for? Any     cookies this year?  Have you thought about Christmas cards?

My response-


Child #1-Thanks
Child #2-It is a felted yarn basket. For you. Your only gift. What you have always wanted. To store your yarn. What every 16 year old wants.

Husband: No cookies this year. No Christmas card  either. Make your own or start addressing cards.

Oh boy. Maybe there is a reason I stopped making gifts the month of Christmas.

Maybe I should of thought of it in July.


:):):)

Happy Sewing, my fiends. No friends, that is.  Way too late to be blogging...






5 comments:

  1. And your first born is just grateful she wasn't there to be asked the question! hee hee! :)

    Step off the crazy-go-round and take a deep breath!

    My 3 handmade gifts for this year are complete, just in need of yarn ends sewn in...am I planning on completing them...not anymore! And that's ok! It was about the process for me this year and I will wait to find recipients who I know will appreciate the handmade aspect of them.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child #1 speaks the truth.
    You are very brave! I don't ask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

    Aside from little school projects from my daughter, I haven't been given a homemade gift in decades. I've given them -- without much response from the recipients.

    I'm actually thinking about making a few cookies (that's a few cookies--not a few kinds of cookies). Card? They'll get done, especially once the hubby writes the Christmas letter.

    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! Thanks.

    I made potholders for my friends this year. I'll be there when they're opened to see and hear reactions. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids! I absolutely laughed out loud at their responses - especially the "depends on whether you are staying home or going out." :-). Sounds like something mine would say - and they are all grown/married with their own kids. ARGH.

    All the grandkids get money for Chanukah except my 2 year old, who gets Elmo. Easy.

    Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete