Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

And Let The Fun Begin: Artprize 2011

     Wednesday is the first day of Artprize here in Grand Rapids. I was downtown this weekend and I was having so much fun watching a few of the artists install their pieces.  It was almost as busy as it is during the actual show. I am choosing not to show you the pictures I took as not all the artists names had been put up yet.


     I did register to vote at The Hub on Saturday and was rewarded with my free T-shirt and cider and donuts if I wanted them. The Hub is the old UICA building and they are using it very wisely for this event. There was a slide show running of last year's entries and I walked in and whose is the first picture on the screen : Nellie Durand! That was huge fun to see it again. I look forward to going to the opening on Wednesday night to see the piece she has for this year!

     Enjoy this retrospective on the event. It is really special.

     I have my walking shoes ready and I am getting my chores done so I can see as much art as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment