Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Better Meadow

     I am trying in some small way trying to redeem myself from my last small piece. It didn't really portray what I wanted it too. So I tried again- I just wanted a simple abstract piece which reflected the colors of my Vermont meadow. This is too simple for me so I guess I need to try again until I get it right.

Vermont Meadows
about 24x55 unquilted


     I always resort to this simple design of strip piecing to jumpstart my design process again. Sure wish I didn't have to. But , I do and I did. It bugs me to slide backwards.  Kind of a warm-up? I don't know but I just did it. But the best part about this piece-I am on my way back again to sewing. And it felt really good to sew again.  I will take it home next week when we go back to Michigan and start quilting it. Ever onward.


      Now that I see it here -I feel like it needs to be twice as wide and it's missing the other half....Sometimes they just keep getting bigger.

     I have another piece on my design wall which I would love to get pieced before I leave.... don't know if that will be realistic but it is a good stretch goal.

    Enjoy summer, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment