Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Waiting

     I have waited for today for three weeks. I knew things were going to be busy so my expectations were very low for what I would accomplish in the me aspect of my life-the sewing part of me.I tucked it away while I did the fun stuff with them and enjoyed every minute of it. I didn't want to wish my time away with end of the year kid stuff but the carrot at the end was-today. A day when I could sit and sew and they could play outside and just have fun in the sun.

     Except when I went to sew, I had machine problems. Once again. I must deal with my machine issues( I don't know how yet but I think a trade-in is warranted!) and -my really sore neck. I don't know what I did to it! Ouch!

     In all my mental confusion from all these classes and information overload, maybe I have driven myself crazy. I do know one thing from this temporary break from sewing.

     I am not one bit happy unless I sew. Every day. I miss the process . Having something in my hands-be it machine or handwork is a part of me. I knew it before. But it doesn't matter if it's good or bad art, it's just not me without it. I really have struggled with whether what I do or will do is good enough lately. But it doesn't matter if it is good enough for anyone but me. Because I just need to sew to be me.

     So, tomorrow on our three hour drive to a soccer finals game -you know I will have sewing in my hands. Because, I am not driving there.

     I might need some serious Aleve or Advil though. I am back.

Happy sewing, my friends!

    

    

    

2 comments:

  1. Slowly things will come together. It is hard to take workshops, and then get back on track. But you just have to start, and eventually what you are making will be right. Sometimes the process is long, and you don't know really what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've missed you! Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete