Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Intense


     It's the only word I can use to describe the week: Intense. Just got home this afternoon from a five day workshop at the Barn  I am a hard worker and have never been afraid of hard work. But that was really hard work. Brain work. I was there from 7am until 10pm every day! The kind of work that is really exhilarating but it's exhausting at the same time.  I spent the week with 20 other artists who make quilts. They came from all kinds of places: China, Japan, Alaska, England , Israel and the good old US. The conversation was great-not just about art, the food amazing , and the process of learning grueling but good  The end results I had  were mixed. I just was overstimulated with all the ideas going through my head. And that's a good place to be at right now. I just want to savor it for awhile longer before real life jumps in again.




  From my walk one day when I needed a break-


The ceiling of the timber frame barn we worked in- which was a great distraction!

Most of the pictures I took involve others works so there won't be any sharing of that kind. But I will tell you more later....I am just tired. And glad to be home.

Happy Sewing, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you accomplished. Glad you had a good week.
    I thought of you when we drove through Ohio!

    ReplyDelete