Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A kind of scavenger hunt for you

     I was looking for some information on fabric dyeing and I got lost on a few sites that you might enjoy. The first brought me to a girl, Annica, who had some great info on resist dyeing. She showed some of her wonderful pieces she made at a summer workshop. The workshop was at a place called Capellagarden. Under her post dated April 2007)  I found the most beautiful pieces of fabric that were created there by their students. ( under summer workshops-images). Yes, I am sending you on a bit of a scavenger hunt. But on this cold winter day, I bet you look at the pictures more than once! The pictures of all the fabric drying on the line-wow! I want to dye fabric and have it look like that.

     I received my prize yesterday for the Project Joy challenge. It is pretty tin full of fabric along with three fat quarters of fabric, The generous prize was from Penny at sewtakeahike. I am very easily distracted but will resist this right now. It would be a good spring project.



     Enjoy your day. Happy Sewing, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. You are right Colleen, that dyed fabric is beautiful. I would like to learn to do that too! Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it at the end of last summer not really knowing it was a technique. I have some dye left from snow dyeing and thought I would try one piece. I post it with my "try". I would love to take white -strip piece it-clamp it and then take it apart or cut it up. or just use them plain with hand stitching...

    ReplyDelete