Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Life is Good

     I had fun this week volunteering at school and at the Operation Christmas Child warehouse. It renewed my sense of -if we all work together the world to make a difference,  life is easier and richer. I read a link on a blog last week about a community that came together to save a barn in Vermont and make it into an artist and community spot. I will send you to Martha Sacco's knitting website : www.greenmountainknittingbags.com. Go to last week's news and you will hear about the wonderful sense of community in Starksboro, VT. Martha has a once weekly sale of her beautiful bags for knitting. Yes, I am the proud owner of one.

     I have been a bit distracted this week. I did decide that I absolutely love Aurifil thread for piecing. If you put it in the bobbin, it lasts forever. It is smooth as butter on top! No lint, very fine and my new machine loves it as well. It is expensive but comes in a large quantity. When I looked for it last night, Mai-Britt Axelson is a sponsor. More eye candy for you-http://www.linen-and-silk.com.




  



     I know you are looking for completed UFOS. None yet although my back is pieced (on the left), thread purchased and now ready to go on this top(right) from my Carol Soderlund workshop. Distracted I was by finding bits and pieces of this UFO in my Christmas fabrics.







     I am grateful for all God has blessed us with this Thanksgiving. Life is indeed good. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy sewing, my friends. Put your feet up after turkey dinner is done and enjoy the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment